Today, I carefully reviewed a16z's report on the top 100 marketplaces worldwide. The fund releases this report annually, highlighting the most prominent marketplaces.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Consumers seek personalized and entertaining shopping experiences,
- Car prices push consumers to repair and refurbish rather than buy new (or used).
- Mental health is the fastest growing category by far.
- Rescheduled shows and post-pandemic behavior are a windfall for ticketing.
- From the kitchen to your closet, modern marketplaces do the filtering for you.
- Breakout brands are emerging in travel, shopping, therapy and food.
Read the full report here:
The a16z Marketplace 100: 2023 | Andreessen Horowitz
The Marketplace 100 ranks the 100 largest consumer-facing marketplace startups and private companies. Check out breakout categories and key consumer trends.